MUA + MTA problems

I switched over to mutt a few days back. It's working fine, retrieves
mail from my ISP, etc. The problem is How do I set the From address
permanently, because the mailing lists aren't accepting my mails, but
the other mails do go out successfully. I think the from address is sent
wrongly, so this Mailing list isn't accepting my mails. For the past
four days all my mails to the list have been lost. Command Line e-mail
users, please tell me how you set this up, an how you send your mails
when connecting to the net?
--
V Suresh

Email: suresh-grl@xxxxxxx