Re: help required for installation of red hat 6.2

At 12:44 PM 2/3/2001, Vivek wrote:
Can any one tell me how can i format a win fat formatted partion to linux
native so that my linux amchine would work to optimum value.

Either:

1. "fdisk" during Linux Setup and setup the partition type as "Linux Native".

Or

2. Use any of hundred freeware utilities for Win32/DOS platform to set the partition type as "Linux Native". Infact, you should also create a partition of nearly double the size of your RAM and set its type as "Linux Swap". After that, Linux setup will itself format the two partitions.

My favourite utility as above is Ranish Partition Manager, at http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

Manish.
http://manishmalik.cjb.net