Re: ppp(LCP problem)

Arun <arunper@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have put up a ppp server and a ppp client in RH6.2
> On my client connecting to the server The client can successfully
> connect to the dial in server. But on starting the pppd the error
> log reports and error
>
> " LCP :  timeout sending config request "
>
> could someone please elaborate on it.
> I need the solution urgently

I was plagued by this error earlier and found it to be an improperly
configured modem (IRQ conflict). I solved the problem after following a long
faqchest.com thread. I have lost the original URL, but given below is part
of the final post of that thread. I hope it helps. If and when you solve the
problem, do tell me what made it work.