Java Class Path and Maximal Mount Count

Dear Friends,

Where is the CLASSPATH for Java specified? I have tried in the local init
script bashrc but din't work.
However I am able to import java.awt.* classes. But when I tried to connect
to the PostgreSQL it din't work!!

Moreover, how does one change the maximal mount count for a drive. I am not
one of those who can afford to keep the system on 24 hours a day. (It won't
survive the frequent power cuts also!!) And because of regular switching off
and on it exceeds the Maximal mount count and runs fsck. How can I change it??

--
Goldwyn :o)