Re: MODEM NOT WORKING

Hi there,
                Is your modem one of these --  software modem / winmodem /
HSP ? Does your modem box has any of these words ? Then it is a problem as
drivers for most such modems for linux are not available. Goto following
site and check in their modem table whether driver for your modem is
available or else add your modem to the list :
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodems.html
Also check what chipset your modem is based -- PCTel / Lucent / Connexant /
Rockwell etc. The above site has drivers for some of these.
Also see
http://linmodems.org
             Thanks
                                  Vikrant Dhawale