Re: How to do this...

hi raj,

what is the purpose of "CFLAGS=...." ?

chetan

From: Raju Mathur <raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-delhi] How to do this...
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:06:02 +0530 (IST)

Hi Bhummanjot,

In general, the way to install a source tar distribution runs
something like this:

          cd /tmp
          tar zxof package-ver.release.tar.gz
          cd package-ver.release (or whatever directory it's created)
          CFLAGS="-O6 -pipe" ./configure
          make
          make test
          make install

This won't work for all packages, but with a little bit of  tweaking
you'll find that 99% of source distributions get installed using this
method.  Just think about what you're doing and you should be fine.

Regards,

-- Raju