Partition Corrupted

Hi all,

Have been able to repartition and reload my linux system, RH 6.2.  The
problem is that his time around, the letter sizes appear too big.
Apparently I am in 320x200 mode.  What are the possible causes and the
possible remedies.  Using SVGA X-server.  Video card is SiS6215.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

SOS

I have a 8GB HDD on which I have a 2GB partition with win 95 and is
connected to a LAN.  In the balance, I had linux loaded and it was
functioning fine with LILO.

Yesterday, I did a stupid thing.  Opened make xconfig in one of the windows
and without closing it gave a shutdown command in another window.
Thereafter, I could not boot into linux again.  It would hang after
"Mounting root file system in read-write mode [OK]".  Tried booting with
the CD -- no go.  Finally decided to reinstall linux.  Didn't work.  After
the choice of 'custom install' and setting the partitions, when I press on
"Next", the system reboots.

Tried deleting all the partitions except the DOS partion after booting with
the CD and went back to DOS to remove the extended partition with fdisk(of
DOS) -- couln't do it.

Help

Arun Sinha
arun_sinha@xxxxxxxx