DLink 56kbps External Modem problem

I recently installed DLink 56kbps External Modem (DMF-560/E) and works
without a problem in Windows, however it could not get detected in RedHat
Linux 6.2 (2.2.16).

I trust there are other people on this list using this modem under Linux. I
understand the modem uses Rockwell chipset and k56flex technology. Can
somebody help me out on this specific modem under Linux?? The manufacturer
says there is no Linux Driver for this modem (sorry to have discovered that
after I purchased!!)

Anand Shankar