A web server across Int'l waters

Hi! I am doing my undergrad in US right now and plan to visit India in the
winter hols.

I have a machine set up in India and I want to use it as a server, to which I
can telnet from here (mainly to run a web server).

Specs: Its a 350 MHz AMD K-II, 10.3 Gigs, 64 MB RAM machine. Right now I have
Red Hat 6.1 with me.

1)Would it be a good idea to install it on the machine? 2)or would some other
distro be better suited for this purpose? 3)and what kind of "simple-to-use"
web server do you suggest I run on it i.e Apache or Zope or nething else?
4)Also what all "tools" would be needed to do all this?
5)And the most imp. thing how do I go about getting a static-ip for my machine
and round about what would it cost me?

I am asking all this 'cos when I go back in the winter break I plan on
carrying all of this stuff with me as it is a bit hard to get hold of back
home.

Thanx in advance for ne help.

- Kunal

Stop the world; I wanna get off.