Re: Increasing SWAP from 127 MB to 128 MB

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 09:13:08AM +0530, Sanjay Gupta wrote:
> He y Guys !
>
> Any Idea how to increase swap space in the RHL 6.2.

Yes there is a way to make swap file intead of swap partition
the procedure given below should be make your system going but using file is
not recommended as it is slower

dd if=/dev/zero of=/swap/file bs=512 count=XXX
mksawp /swap/file
make changes in fstab
device/file      mountpoint      Partition type   options       dump pass
/swap/file       /new/swap       swap             sw               0 0