Re: seti@home --- error

Amit Goel <nonu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote"
>  i had run setiathome on rhlinux 6.2 and it was tunning fine. but after 3
>  days I observed that it was not running in background so i tried to
execute
>  it and got following error :
>  **********************
>  Found data file: no. Found result header file: no.
>  Getting data - connecting to server.
>  Can't write to file - disk full?
>  disk quota not enabled and df shows 88% used disk
>  What could be the reason for error ?
>  amit

check ownership of files in the setiathome directory

ls -al

if any of the files belong to root, no other user will be able to modify
them. I got a similar error once, but setting the ownership right with chown
solved the problem.

Cheerio!

-- Vipul Mathur
  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  (O,O)    http://www.vipulonline.com/
    <vipul@xxxxxxxxxx>     (   )  The Geek shall inherit the Earth
Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.