From: metalmaniac@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-delhi] can't run CGI scripts!
Date: 20 Sep 2000 01:55:06 -0700

Help me out on this one:
I have tried running the following CGI script but it just doesn't in either Lynx or Netscape:
#!/usr/bin/perl
print"Content type: text/html\n\n";
print"<HTML>\n";
print"Hi there\n";
print"</HTML>\n";

I name it try.cgi
Whenever I try to open try.cgi in the browser window it just displays the source code instead of Hi There. I've tried moving the try.cgi file to /home/httpd/cgi-bin also to /usr/cgi-bin as root. but no luck! one more thing whenever i try to open localhost in the browser window, the "It Worked" message from apache comes. If I can get a CGI script to work can I execute it from my home page at www.geocities.com/sau_nanda ?
Thanx in advance.
Saurabh Nanda.