xscreensaver problems.

Hi,

I'm using xscreensaver with the -lock-mode option. When i lock my screen
using, say, "xscreensaver-command -lock" in a xterm, or by using the
"lock screen" button from the Gnome menu, my screen locks alright, but
gives authorization failure when i enter the password to go back. The docs
say that xscreensaver runs as user nobody on some machines, so i tried
setting a password for nobody and used that but no luck. Root's password
doesnt work either. Can anyone tell me whats happening here?

Regards,
-- Sundeep.