Re: Re: Kernel error

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Sk wrote:

>I did -
>save old /usr/src/linux
>unpack linux-2.2.16 on /usr/src/linux (new directory)
>#make xconfig
>(got error ..related to kde..., donot know why. System has
>KDE configured)

I'm guessing you got some tk errors. Did you do a 'make mrproper' in the
root of your source?
Here's the sequence of commands for a kernel compile

cd /usr/src
tar zxvf your_kernel_source_tarball.gz
cd linux
make mrproper
make xconfig
make dep
make clean
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install

Try your compile using this sequence, and be judicious in what you put
into your kernel, and be keen or having as many things as you can manage,
as modules. Maybe all your other errors will also go away.

Regards,
-- Sundeep