Re: unresolved symbols

I can't belive we  still have this issue hanging
after a beautiful and state of the art how-to
by jaswinder.

any way those who missed it
The unresolved symbols are
Because of:

Whenever you compile a kernel with module support
you have to compile the modules
when you are compiling the kernel of the same version
you are currently using
ie i'm using linux-2.4.0-test6
and recompiling the kernel with some changes
chances are i may have removed or added some modules
for  example removed the sb.o module
but if i do not remove the
/lib/modules/2.4.0.test6/ directory or renamed it
to be  /lib/modules/2.4.0.test6.backup/
the the sb.o module will still be in the /lib/modules/2.4.0.test6/misc/
directory
and while starting up the kernel will encounter
the sb.o  module but will find no defination for it
and thus give the error

Solution is:

many, but mine is rename the modules directory to be
2.x.y.z.backup
and do
$make modules make;modules_install

--
Pankaj Kaushal
                       \\|//
                       (@ @)
o==---------------oOO---(_)---OOo----------------==o
     All that you touch, create, see, destroy,
     taste, do, feel, say, love, eat, hate,
     distrust, slight, save
     And everything under the sun is in tune,
     But the sun is eclipsed By the moon.
     There is no dark side of the moon
     ... really... matter of fact it's all dark.
			-Pink Floyd and Pankaj
                     ||    ||
                    ooO    Ooo