Re: new idea ( ??)

Neil,

by addressing Gurus .. I am not addressing any perticular class rather all you are in mailing list.
Next, I agreeed that creating 2 GB file is not good idea, but you can't argue this with a customer - "why you create such big files, I can't help you. sorry"
What is IMHO ??
you made good point about the issues -- why byte  ?? but this is not the solution. At least I don't see answer to my question yet. I am working on to find this answer from terms like NFS, AFS, RESYNC ...but I am not sure yet, how and which one duplicate only change portions of file at back up(replica) server.

sanjeev

--- neil <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>