new idea ( ??)

Gurus,

I have a question. It may be old or new idea.
Let me tell you using as example.

I have 2 GB file on unix/linux. I want to take back up (or replicate) of this file as soon as there is any change in this file.
If we use incremental back up, it will take bake up of all 2 GB file size for a single word change.

Q1 - Is there any solution in your mind, which will collecte only change byte (or blocks of say 1KB) and duplicate on back up server ?

Q2 :- What are the products (commercial and non-commercial like unix utilities) support back up of Open files (application) ???

I hope, i didn't ask a tough question.

Sanjeev

Where you'll find everything under the Sun for the Sun.......www.SunGuru.com