Re: Fw: Suspended list subscriptions

Ambar Roy wrote:

> [...]

if the messages are bouncing off somebody's mail box, how will that
person receive this message.

it is called a "catch 22 situation". or, is it?

(ambar might be a member of egroups lists. if four messages from egroups
bounce, they immediately send a probe message to the same
address, if it also bounce they suspend. )

> > Actually the reason I send to the list also is if anyone knows the
> > person under discussion they can inform him/her and maybe get some
> > feedback.

that is good thinking (tm) of yours, as usual. that will definitely help
people who are out of touch in email world for some reason.

> If everyone thinks that this is a Bad Idea (tm) I'll stop
> > forwarding to the list.

only so many of them is a little irritating.

:-) that is the pains of running a 200 members mailing list.
instead of you manually keeping track of boncing, can it be automated.
anybody game?

> IAC I'll prefix these messages with [ADMIN]
> > in the subject so that you know which to ignore.

nope. how would i know that my net mail server or my local ISP mail
server had gone down for sometime bouncing all messages, and you might
have put me in suspended animation? I need to read every admin message
for that. can't ignore.

> > that we're all in sync.

are we in sync.
:-)