unresolved symbols

OOOPS!! sorry for my earlier mail, I sent it before I could complete my
mail...
**************************

I started getting ***unresolved symbol** error messages after recompiling my
2.2.15 Kernel.

I am using Mandrake 7.1. I have enabled *loadable module* support but still
I am getting this error.

depmod -e -s  gives

depmod: ***unresoved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15-4mdk/fs/reiserfs.o
depmod: ***unresoved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15-4mdk/fs/nfds.o

plus a lot more similar messages

As far as I know, this error comes only when I try to use modules that are
dependent on "some other module", and that "some other module" is not
found.. Right?

I had compiled ReiserFS (the file sytem my box uses) as a module and my
machine wouldnt boot. Now that it is compiled right into the kernel I am
able to use my file system.

How do I know which module depends on which? so that I don't remove any
dependency modules..

Is there any way of automatically satisfying dependencies in "make
xmenuconfig"???

I have already compiled my Kernel 6 times...

Regards
Mani

Visit http://www.NetVarsity.com for online learning