Re: [OFFTOPIC] CD Drive Repair

M.K.Pai <pai@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the last ILUG-D meet at Dilli Haat, a couple of guys said that
> they could repair CD drives using nothing more than fingers,
> toes and personal magnetism.
> Could they please get in touch with me ? I have a 2X Sony atapi
> from my grandfather's time that needs to be repaired. I just
> don't have the heart to throw it away.

Hey, just add a screwdriver to the list and I'll be more than happy to
help...

The results depend on whats wrong with the drive and what you offer me to
meddle with it ;-)

If it can be fixed i'll be glad, otherwise you can use it as a "cup holder"
for your box ;-)

  Cheerio!
    ,_,
   (O,O)   Vipul Mathur <vipul@xxxxxxxxxx>
   (   )   http://www.vipulonline.com/
| Linux philosophy is "Laugh in the face of danger". OOPS. Wrong one..   |
| "Do it yourself. That's it" - Linus Torvalds                           |

Epigram: Ada is the 400-pound gorilla of programming languages