Re: is it possible to have more than one distro on a m/c?

Lets see.
I have Win98SE, Win98FE, Redhat 6.2, Redhat 6.1,
Debian 2.2, TurboLinux 4.0, Beos 4.5 (in 2 disks).
I have installed to have other OSes like Solaris 7x86,
FreeBSD4.0, Corel Linux, Mandrake Linux, MaxOS.
Of course it is possible. Make sure when you install a
Linux, it doesnt take over all the partition.
>From RHL6.2, run cfdisk to make sure what is the
partition number (/dev/hda??) that is free, and then
use that partition alone. Also make note of the
existing swap partition (for RHL6.2) number. You can
use the same swap partition. Of course, you should not
have the habit of saving some files in /tmp directory
for later use :-)

Siva

--- M K Saravanan <mksarav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am having NT + RHL6.2 in my machine.  Still i am
> having a 2GB empty
> partition (Extd).  I need to check lot of tamil
> stuff like KDE tamil etc.. is
> it possible to load another version of linux in a
> separate partition for
> testing purpose? any clues will be a great help.
>
> -- mks --
>
> ---
> Visit our home page at: www.chennailug.org
> Send e-mail to 'ilugc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> with 'unsubscribe'
> in either the subject or the body to unsubscribe
> from this list.

=====
Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
sshanmu@xxxxxxxxx