Doing downloads in the background with lynx

hi,

    Athena> Dear luggies, I would like to spawn wget whenever I want
    Athena> to do a download in lynx ( I don't want to
    Athena> wait). /etc/lynx.cfg has an option EXTERNAL , I have
    Athena> turned that option on and still it doesn't work (May be
    Athena> there is some key which I have to use & not the normal
    Athena> download (d) ). Could anyone help me ?

	Under debian you can make the d key do exactly what you want
by uncommenting and defining  the DOWNLOADER item.  Something like

DOWNLOADER:Use wget to download: wget -b %s:TRUE

Alternatively, you could use the mouse to cut the url, then hit '!'
and do a wget -b <paste_url_with_mouse> and then exit.