Re: [Fwd: Registering Linux India]

Hi:

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 10:10:53AM +0530, Ramakrishnan M wrote:

> ok.. It would have been nice, if you had quoted the above incidents also in the
> original message. Without any such reasons, it looked odd to me. Moreover,

	This was actively discussed on the Linux-India Mailing Lists, and
I had seen a *lot* of talk on this, even as late as 3 weeks back, about
the time I unsubscribed from them.

> I feel, we need some form of a draft which states "these are the reasons which
> prompted us to think of formalization and these are the benifits we will get".

	And who will create the "draft" ? Personally I think it is
unnecessary futile work. No, this is not a case of "My ****** is bigger
than yours" ... I just feel that anyone actively involved in
administrative work will be busy enough as it is, and creating random
drafts to satisfy ourselves is pretty stupid. This reminds me of the
Madras Telephones guys, who took precisely all of 3 years to transfer
ownership,...

> If we can evolve a consensus on those issues, we may proceed with
> that. If any

	Correct me if I am wrong (thaths?) - But isn't that precisely what
the committee is being created for?!

> I am wondering why everyone is silent on this issue.

	To be truthful, and speaking only for myself, I can say I really
dont care too much about the administrative aspects of some random
organisation.I would gladly spend time lecturing people on Linux, or
helping with installations, or random advice/talk/stuff during ilugc meets
and otherwise, and I am comfortable with that, rather than to go about
telling the whole world that we're not out to rob society but instead are
a bunch of non-profit dudes, blablalbla. Also, there are already a bunch
of doyens and suchlike on Linux-India, as are lawyers and so..and I
truthfully think they can achieve more being on an administrative panel,
than me. Also, since most of ilugc is a bunch of students, who would
prefer spending time figuring out how to not flunk any courses, yet have
fun, during the semester ... than to sit down and get their hands dirty
with legal crap. But again, this is only what _I_ think of students at
large, and I suppose the more intelligent lot, among us, such as Prabhu
and the other IITian geeks will differ in their opinions.... *shrug*

	Have a Nice Day

	-ravi "looking forward to madurai" rao

ps: that aside, I leave for madurai this evening, and return only
sunday. so you guys have a great meeting, and i'll catch y'all once I
return :(