Fw: please help

----- Original Message -----
From: nilcomp@xxxxxxxxx
To: denayak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 11:20 AM
Subject: please help

Hi,
I have set linux based APACHE web server and also trying to setup email
server for university project. The nature of problem I'm facing is described
as bellow...

I have installed RedHat Linux 6.1, Cyrix M II-300, 32MB RAM, 2.1 GB HDD, RTL
8029 PnP NIC, 33.6 Kbps external modem on ttyS1, serial mouse on ttyS0,
Samtron Color Monitor

When ever I CHECK the Basic Host Information's Adaptor setting to ENABLE, It
resolves the domain name NILCOMP.NET with the address 192.168.100.1 but, the
PPP dial-in server gives me trouble. If I ENABLED it, for the normal user on
PAP I receive the message

****************************
/USR/SBIN/PPPD: The remote system is required to authenticate it self but I
/USR/SBIN/PPPD: couldn't find any secret (password) for it to do so....
****************************
This problem only affects when I pass the authentication. Means when I put
login:user +++++ Password:*********  ++++ user@xxxxxxxxxxx $ ppp. As soon as
I use ppp and F7 key I get the above said message.

On the other hand If I do not check the Basic Host Information's Adaptor
ENABLE setting & keep it on manual. It won't give me any trouble for above
said username, password,ppp & all those things but, I couldn't able to
resolv address for nilcomp.net each time I have to use the address
192.168.100.1. manually, then only my Index page appears.

Now please guide me on how to set up this mess ! I must submit my project
within 48 days, and still I have to follow the web server and mail server
settings.

Please Please Please send me the details & save my life.....

Ravi