ifconfig, route problems

Dear Luggies
	sorry about my earlier mail which has no content.
	i remember somebody ( i think saravanan from mit chrompet ) asking
for help with ipchains. would somebody give me the commands to include in
the /etc/rc.d files to enable masquerading ?
	also, i tried to add another IP address to the same ethernet
interface using the following command...
	ifconfig 10.1.1.25 eth0:0
	and then addded a route ....
	route add -net 10.1.1.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 eth0:0

but the route is not functional.
any ideas ?
i'm in a bit of a hurry and that's why i'm not writing in more detail.

thanks
regards
mani sridhar