Re: any bandwidth manager available for linux?

Hi Saravanan,

MKS>   we (AU-KBC Centre)  recently got a 256Kbps leased line from vsnl for
MKS> Internet.  We want to share 64Kbps from that line for our Campus
MKS> (MIT) network.  Is there is any hardware or software solution to divert
MKS> 64Kbps to the campus network?
hmm.. thinking aloud, is there any way to split the line (hub?) and
choke off one to 64kbps... I remember seeing some utility on
NetBSD that chokes bandwidth (they were using this to test some
software on different bandwidths, and used this to choke their
Ethernet to simulate different bandwidths (without the latency, of
course)). So if you can put a hub, and choke your line, I think it is
feasible... if you need more help, maybe I could scrounge more info...

BGa