Re: PC Quest - Editor

> So, lets fix the agenda for the meet and organise the meet, we could
> have a problem solving session - like anyone facing any problem is
> welcome to discuss and have the problem sorted (if need be bring his
> box) and also those having problems or requiring help for installation
> are welcome to bring the boxes (of course with due enteries for the same
> at IIT - In Gate).
>
> The topics can be pre planned. and let the meeting be a very useful one.

I have successfully managed to configure diskless workstations up and
running and would love to demo it at the meeting if anyone is interested.

The URL is www.ltsp.org (Linux Terminal Server Project).

When the workstation is booted, it does the following:
1. It gets it's ip address from a bootp or dhcp server
2. It downloads the kernel from a tftp server
3. It mounts it's root filesystem from an nfs server
4. It loads the X-Server software into memory and begins executing it
5. It contacts an XDM server and allows the user to log into it

As of now the workstation picks up the bootrom code from the floppy (16 Kb)
and gets every thing else ( its ip, kernel ... ) from a HP Netserver E200.
Tomorrow I plan to burn the bootrom into an eprom and make it completly
diskless!!!

I wonder if any one has a eprom burner which i can use.  Please contact me
by a private email.

Regards

Aravind.Balasubramanian.