Re: How do I delete all files under a directory recursively(not any directory)

>     How can I delete all files under one directory and all its child
> directories without deleting any of the child directories?

I dunno if there's really any program that could do this but a simple
script can do this
and this is it:

#! /bin/sh
fildir=`find`  # Of course assuming you're in the directory where you're
gonna do this
for i in $ fildir
do
    if [ -d $i ]; then
        echo Skipping $i ...
    else
        rm $i -f  # You can remove the -f option if you dont want to
forcibly remove
    fi
done

You can save this script to some file (say delspecial.sh) in
/usr/local/bin or whatever and do a chmod +x
/usr/local/bin/delspecial.sh

Try getting some book on shell scripting, that should be a lot helpful!
:-)

Happy linuxing!  :-)

 -Suraj