Re: AD 1881 Sound Card Trouble

Ravikant K.Rao wrote:

>     Ashwin>  Does Suse 6.4 support this chip? I think it has that
>     Ashwin> "OSS" driver thingee.
>
> 	Why only SuSE 6.4? *Wonder*
OSS is not on GPL - it is enabled only for 20 minutes on the trial
version. Suse had an old agreement which licenses them to package OSS (4
Front Tech?). Atleast thats what I think.

But its all history now, tried AC 97 codec and it now works like a
charm. (well - after 2 hrs struggle with conf.modules)

Thanks for the help though - I did use Shannu's page to get my AGP going
couple of weeks back.

Ashwin