mounting ntfs in linux

>>>>> "kamesh" == kamesh jayachandran <kameshj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    kamesh> I have WINNT(ntfs) in my machine.When I installed RHL6.2

	jeez.

    kamesh> LILO is not writing the bootloader entries in lilo.conf
    kamesh> file.Moreover I cannot mount the ntfs partition, as it

	What exactly is the problem? Do you have a 15 MB /boot
partition as is advised?

    kamesh> spits out the error message as this kernel does not know
    kamesh> how to mount ntfs file system.I had once heard of ntfs
    kamesh> partitions can be mounted as read only.How to mount ntfs
    kamesh> partition?

	mkdir /blah

	mount -t ntfs /dev/hda* /blah

	If there is a problem with this, recompile the kernel with
NTFS support. Its Read-Only, IIRC.

	The Stock RH kernel *does* infact have NTFS support, AFAIK.

	You probably want to do many other things like follow RH
convention with /mnt/blah .. but *personally* I prefer /blah to
anything else. Infact, if you notice, /mnt will have certain special
permissions, which you really shouldn't be messing with.

								--ravi
--
Ravikant K.Rao : http://www.symonds.net/~ravi/
Primary Email  : <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>