Re: [achitnis@exocore.com: [LIG] Formal Member Registration]

"K. Arun" wrote:

>   Gautam> Hi, Maybe Madras could have start having a formal
>   Gautam> organisation too. This thread just started in
>   Gautam> linux-india-general today.
>
>         If you are asking for individual opinions, I'd say, avoid, for
> now at least. We are, and have always been a pretty informal group
> with more of an academic focus to our activities than
> commercial. Also, as subsequent posts to the linux-india-x thread
> indicate, this would involve a bit of bureaucracy too.

            I  agree with Prabhu,. If commercial status is imposed on the
chennailug, then it will lose the rustic charm of informal, free
learning. We all meet because we love running Linux, let it remain that
way. I had been to Singapore LUG, there I missed one thing that. The love
for Linux. The people mainly came for stamping their authorities over
Linux. It was well funded, where you get a lot of goodies like T-shirts,
caps etc. But it missed the rustoic charm of chennailug.

Regards

Zameer Ahmed

--
      *  Best file compression around: "DEL ." = 100% compression *