regarding boot sector virus

I persume by seeing the output of `ls /mnt/floppy/` ,the floppy is infected by
boot sector virus.The output of ls shows some funny file names like >+-`*<<.:
etc.While copying some files from the infected floppy,I get continous display
of lines like
ll_rw_block:device 03:04:only 512-char blocks implemented(4096).
After this when I try to shutdown the system using `shutdown -h 0s`,I get
output as something like sending broadcast message server is going to
shutdown.No more shutdown action is takink place for 5minutes.What would be
the problem.
TIA
kamesh jayachandraan