blackened links and mouse pointer(big square)

My Friend system has SiS 6215 vga card.Now it supports 16 bit display with
blackened links (darkened) and mouse pointer as big square.What to do to
overcome this.
Myself has SiS6326 Agp card.I have got no problem with netscape as my friend
has.But when I I try to run the java application I have written I am not able
to see any menu items and whatever I type in TextField.And myself to get mouse
pointer as big square.
Thanks in advance
kamesh jayachandran