Re: ASP on Linux Server

Hi Shurajit,

SG> I just wanted to know whether a Linux Server would support Web Sites with a
SG> lot of ASPs.  Please advise in detail.
Simple answer : yes. check out :

       http://www.chilisoft.com

They have ASP servers for Linux, priced at $995 per server.

I don't know about "lot of ASPs".

if you are considering porting from an existing ASP solution this
might be a workable option... If your are building a new site you
might want to consider other options like PHP :

      http://www.php.net

or Zope :

      http://www.zope.org

To help migration from ASP to PHP, there is a ASP2PHP program, and
while it isn't perfect, it helps you get there faster...

I run PHP3 with Apache for our Intranet, and it runs smooth, but ours
is not high volume/usage... have tried out Zope, and I like it. I
have, in my personal experience, found that ASP carries a price tag
that I am unwilling to pay. YMMV. This is about choice, after all :)

Rgrds
BGa