Re: newbie question on libc,glibc stu...

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, kamesh jayachandran wrote:

> I want to know the meaning of libc glibc,libc.so.somenumber,for what they are
> used.

	libc is the standard C library on linux.  Almost all dynamically
linked code relies on it.  glibc is a newer version of libc (i.e. (libc >=
v2.0) == glibc).  The .so.somenumber means it is a particulat version of a
shared library.  For a discussion on shared libs etc.  read the archives
of linux-india-help.  There was a long discussion on it once.