problems with RH

*i use RH6.1 . How do i start graphical login in init5? i use 5 as
deafault runlevel, and probably messed up sth with the rc.d dir files.
how exactly does the graphical login come up? (i think it used the
gdmlogin prog, but whats the way Xconfigurator uses?)Prabhu suggested
adding xdm to the init5editor, but xdm doesnt seem to be in the list.
*If anyone uses an LG 14" monitor, what have you cetected it as in the
Xconfigurator?
*If any of you have configged suxesfully a TVSE (msp345) printer in
your linux box, pls let me know (i need some help:-D)

is it possible to use hostname of a person to get to know if he/she is
online? for eg, if we know the 'computer name' or 'hostname' (w.r.t a
standalone m/c. no n/w here), we keep an nslookup for the name until it
returns a valid IP, ..
excuse me if this sounds like crap
:)