UCITA [was Re: NExt meeting?]

hi,

    Ravikant> *Like* the 18th..  And whats the UCITA in your
    Ravikant> .signature?

	Well, chat less and visit /. or linuxtoday.com more often. ;-)
Anyway, in a nutshell (and as I understand it) basically, some states
in the US are considering a totally wierd/absurd/stupid/whatever law
that will allow commercial software firms to get away with murder by
not allowing one to penalise them for buggy software.  The worse thing
is that free software producers will get penalised.  Totally absurd.
I think Virginia has already passed the law - the morons!!

	I am sure you can guess, the law is backed by all the big
software giants including, well you know who...