[Mailer-Daemon@symonds.net: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender]

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> -----

From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 23:08:32 -0800

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
following address(es) failed:

  ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
    unrouteable mail domain "aero.iitm.ernet.in"

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:01:07 -0800
From: "Ravikant K. Rao" <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: few installation problems

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 05:20:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Krishnan P S <itkris@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: few installation problems

krishnan> i have some doubts w.r.t inst of RH6.1

        I don't use Redhat anymore, but oh well.

krishnan> * how do i bring up the graphical login without using Xconfigurator? (
krishnan> there any files to edit?) XF86Setup doesnt have the option does it>?

        Edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config file - If thats what you're using to
read your configuration from, using the X server. Your /etc/inittab file should
be modified ...
There should be a line that looks like id:3:whatever - change that to id:5 and v
oila, you have a
GUI login. Of course, that presupposes that your config file is valid and
not borked.

Check this bit out:

-- /etc/inittab --
# /etc/init.d executes the S and K scripts upon change
# of runlevel.
#
# Runlevel 0 is halt.
# Runlevel 1 is single-user.
# Runlevels 2-5 are multi-user.
# Runlevel 6 is reboot.

l0:0:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 0
l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 1
l2:2:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
l3:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3
l4:4:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 4
l5:5:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 5
l6:6:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 6
# Normally not reached, but fallthrough in case of emergency.
z6:6:respawn:/sbin/sulogin

-- /etc/inittab --

krishnan> * during one unsuxesful installation, i got my X jinxed, but my cd
krishnan> drive working well, but now x works well, but no cdrom. mount command
krishnan> says wrong media / fs type. i cheked the fstab file for the iso9660
krishnan> entry and the /etc/filesystems file for the existance of the fs.

        # mkdir /winblows
        # mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /winblows
        # mount

        The # prompt tells you that you're supposed to do all that as root.
If you /still/ get [any] errors, post to the list , the exact output.

krishnan> can anyone pls explain --detail the placing of widgets in glade.

        <shrug> no idea.

krishnan> well, why do installations vary with attempts ?

        At the risk of a flame war, ... "Because Its RedHat!" </grin>
        Haven't you heard of the "YMMV" thing - Your Mileage May Vary.
        Well , <shrug>

krishnan> is it b'cos the CD is bad?

        Well, if the cd _is_ bad ... I suppose you can expect it to not work
, <shrug>

krishnan> has anyone tried the corel linux with CHIP march? mine doesnt
krishnan> work. any suxes? any reviews?

        Not yet because they decided to ignore subscribers this month,
apparently. Not that I care too much ... but whatever...and especially
because its a spin-off off debian and I'm like running ubercool 2.3.45 -
to be patched to 2.3.50 sometime soon, and like my base box is potato ... I
really am not too sure about "trying" out corel. And my desktop generally
died on me.. the monitor remains black ;/ ... I guess thats gotta get fixed
sometime and I _might_ give corel a shot on that box, <shrug>

        Yours "doesn't work" wasn't very useful. _why_ doesn't it "work" ?
        Reviews? Corel was/maybe still is supposed to uber user-friendly ,
so much so that it even hides your boot screen messages...and I guess its
gotta be atleast _partly_ good since its based on debian ;-)!!!

krishnan>Do You Yahoo!?

        Once did, for 2 hours, to figure out what on earth "Yahoo!
Messenger" or some such trash was...discovered I was right... It _was_
trash. Well, thankfully I'm not stuck with it anymore. I use a debian box
running slink 24x7 and connected to the internet on ADSL lines, also 24x7 [
obviously ] for my email ;-) Debian4lyfe huh?!

krishnan> Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.

        Isn't the phone simpler? Or dialpad,or mediaring, or qtalk, or
whatever ?

        Cheers.

- Ravi.

----- End forwarded message -----