few installation problems

i have some doubts w.r.t inst of RH6.1
* how do i bring up the graphical login without using Xconfigurator? (r
there any files to edit?) XF86Setup doesnt have the option does it>?
* during one unsuxesful installation, i got my X jinxed, but my cd
drive working well, but now x works well, but no cdrom. mount command
says wrong media / fs type. i cheked the fstab file for the iso9660
entry and the /etc/filesystems file for the existance of the fs.
help pls
and...
can anyone pls explain --detail the placing of widgets in glade.
well, why do installations vary with attempts ? is it b'cos the CD is
bad? has anyone tried the corel linux with CHIP march? mine doesnt
work. any suxes? any reviews?