pppd died unexpectedly

Greetings to one and all...
Before anyone assumesi did not do my homework, let metell you i did it. The details in archives did not help me find a solution.

I have two users and root in the same group "modem". I have made /dev/cua1, pppd and /usr/bin/kppp to be owned by grop "modem".  pppd has setuid on. Root is able to log on to net without any difficulty -

users face the problem of "pppd died unexpectedly" after connect. I tried adding debug line in options and did not successfully get to debug the problem.

Can anyone help me to succesfully log the pppd process and to find a solution.

Thanks
Deivanayak