Re: books

Commander RV Ramani proclaimed:
> notwithstanding this there seems to be too much hoo haa
> about IPR especially amongst linux users!

Because the GPL was a license to end restrictive IPR copyrights of
software.

> ...given a choice they would charge
> us for looking at a painting and listening to good music...

Who would charge us?  The linux users?

> I read platos republic for free downloaded from the net...and am sure plato
> would have approved...

The copyrights on many works of literature have expired.  Project Gutenberg
is an effort to put up all such works whose copyright has expired on the
net.

Thaths
--
"Now, what is a wedding? Well, Webster's Dictionary describes a wedding
       as, 'The process of removing weeds from one's garden.'"