Bala

Hi LUGs,

Finaly I mounted my CDROM !!!!

Thanks for all the people who have sent mail reg. CDROM mounting.

first I tried to us

# mount -tiso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

the error message
mount : the kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as a block device
(may be 'insmod driver' ?)

then I tried

# insmod bpcd

then

# mount -tiso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

It Works !!!!!!!

The only problem is if I am not using the machine for 1 hr, there is
no files in /mnt/cdrom. Again I used umount to unmount the cdrom

after it I gave

# mount -tiso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

the same error message is coming.
mount : the kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as a block device
(may be 'insmod driver' ?)

1.  Why its happens ? I am using a Parellel Port Back Pack (8X) CDROM.
    (RH5.0 is running.)

2. How to upgrade to RH6.0 from 5.0
   My machine has Linux 5.0 only.

Please let me know and once again thanks for all the people you contributed
answers to me.

Regards

Bala