Re: Spamming by/to list....

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, pinninty bharathi wrote:

vamsi5> Idiot what are U trying to say. If U have the skills
vamsi5> try to use it in a constructive way but not in a
vamsi5> distructive way.
vamsi5>
vamsi5> Once again! No more mails to my ID.

Hello Ms (pinninty bharathi) Stupid Idiot whoever_you_are_and_i_dont_care,

You have crossed all limits of human decency on a purely technical
discussion forum where *only* people who value time are members.

I am a sysadmin in a respectable organisation who has handled n number of
such situations. And we dont do any sort of spamming. In fact we always
are against it. Your mails are all taken under that category,
unfortunately, either knowingly or not.

It is a PITY that you still dont realise what you are doing.

Madam, NOBODY is sending any mails to YOU.

YOU or SOMEBODY else who knows your email-id has subscribed to our list
and so all mails have been coming to you, for quite sometime now, although
the cribbing started recently only.

If you havent done this mischief by yourself, then somebody has
impersonated on your behalf and you could have very well unsubscribed, the
method for which is given at the end of every message including this.
Which you never cared to do...

Just because you dont know any stuff about Internet mails/spams and how it
affects others, you just can't disturb people like this.

Please leave us alone and unsubscribe from the list.

-----------------------
Prabhu, Pls do the needful. This is TOO much.
Dr Sriram, pls try if you can block all mails from this person on your
sendmail setup.

Why do we have to listen to the crap of such people who dont understand
what we speak?

Sorry to say, if we dont plan to do something about this, I will have
no other option but to unsubscribe from the list.... I (and many
others too I feel) just cant waste the time/bandwidth on such things...

-
Oommen