Re: X using S3 Trio3D

Story of my life.. whilst some one is at it...can u also give the config for
trident 3di image 9750 agp card..? i do have a list of which card supports
which server...for those interested..but cant get the x windows tweaked
properly...dont advice me to buy a different card though..

Ramani

hi,
I recently installed Redhat 6.0 and have problems with the X windows system.

I have a  S3 Trio3D multimedia card (4MB RAM) and I was able to successfully
set up X using the XFree86_VGA16 server.But it doesn't seem to utilize the
RAM fully and only gives a 16 color resolution,though the manufacturer's
specs say that it can support upto 16 million colors
The XFree86_S3 server doesn't seem to work.The XFree86 rpm version is 3.3.3*

Any one has tried setting up X using a S3 Trio3D card,if so what X server
did you use ?

thanks

--
Kaustav Bose