SAMBA File Close slow on heavy load !!

Hi folks,

We have tested SAMBA against Netware and found the performance better in
all parameters including File Creation/Open/Close, although the creation
speed was almost the same (any reason?).

But the other day we did some stress test on an application with SAMBA
(under Linux) as the fileserver. This will create a large number of files
(about 10000), all of these files going to reside in the same directory.
We find that the linux response is rather slow. File closing seems to take
a long time.