My windows swallowed the linux partition.

Hi ppl,

   I have installed some applications in my windows partition beyond
its partition level.  The poor windows could not say the actual size
of its own partition.  It showed the entire space including the linux
partition. Now my linux partition is not booting.  I have uninstalled
the applications too.  Even then, if I boot on linux, it is showing
the following error.

 Partition check
    hda:hda1 hda2 hda3
    [MS-Dos FS Rel. 12 FAT 12, check=n bla... bla..

   Transaction block size=512
   Kernel Panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:03

How do I retrieve my linux?  Mine is RH 5.2.

Please help me out.

TIA
Regards
Ganesh