Laptop Config for Success Story...

: Would help a lot if you can also add the laptop make and config

Hi BGa ,
  Here you go ..
  I was initially running Win '98 on a 4.3 GB HDD with 32 MB SD RAM , Intel
P2 processor at Clock Speed 266 MHz ... has an internal 56 K Voice Modem
 Make : XIRCOM Credit Card ] ... has a 36X CD-ROM Drive and One Floppy Disk
Drive too ... one Ni-Cd Battery pack ... Screen is a 15" Advanced technology
(?) .... TFT ... Its'  a COMPAQ Armada 1700 ...and its ,... *thinks* ... a
month or so more than a  year old...
  I'm now also running Red Hat 6.0 ...
  Another thing On the bright side ... the guy that had initially setup the
computer had given Windows all of the 4.3 GB ... and I did a man FIPS and
read some online documentation on all of it ... and mind you I was still new
to linux itself...leave alone installating it on a laptop =] .... and I just
took the plunge...and believe it or not... FIPS worked like a charm ... I
got everything going perfectly and though I *did* create backups of what
were critical in the laptop... they ended up being useless... because FIPS
did *NOT* mess up ... but worked perfectly ;o) ... So Linux installed itself
comfortably.
  If you need anything else , you know my mail id :O)
  Regards,
- Ravi.

PS : You've got a cool name... BGa ... BGa as in VGa ? SVGa ?