Re: ILUGC not in the LUG-List in linuxdemo.org??

hi,

Dr. P. Sriram writes:
 > myth2 demo is covered; i was supposed to cut a cd with some of the good
 > stuff we wanted to show off. i have collected staroffice, myth2, heretic
 > and a few more things i dont remember. monday is the day i cut the cd with
 > some help from prabhu ramachandran.

	Yes, the myth2 demo is definitely covered.  I have it working
on Prof. Sriram's machine and it works very well - I was pretty
impressed (it runs on X11).  The version of Staroffice we have is 5.1
(personal edition) and that too is very nice and rocks.  Heretic1 runs
fine - which works with some shareware wads and runs both on console
and x11 but this is no where near as impressive as myth2 :).  Vmware
has also been downloaded (all courtesy Prof. Sriram) - I havent tested
that but I believe it will work.  Does any one have descent-1.0 wads -
official.  I have Ldescent on a CD and Vikram can try his hand at
demoing it.

	That apart I have also downloaded the debs for gnome from one
of the gnome mirrors (33MB of stuff).  That too should appear on the
CD.  So we should be able to demo some real cool stuff.

I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to
any question.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3