Re: www.chennailug.org and minutes of meeting

-- Decoded: quoted-printable

Hi,

> => About FAQ page:
[snip details]
>	Folks, I need a consensus opinion on this one. Should we or
>shouldn't we include technical information in the FAQ ? I, for one,
>am against it.  For one thing, we'd be duplicating work that has been
>done competently before (Linux HOWTOs and FAQs). And then, once we start
>answering questions of such specific nature, the FAQ will bloat. It'd be
>much easier to maintain too if we were to restrict entries to those
>relevant to the group, the meetings, activities and the mailing list.

I _hate_ "me too"-ing, but since you ask for a consensus... lets keep _all_
tech questions off the faq. If there a specific need we could have a page
to deal with tech issues that have not been covered elsewhere, or are of a
specific nature, and would be
useful to have handy (the Yamaha soundcards, SiS VGA cards come to mind).
While this has been documented, because of the large number of users who
have these configurations it might make sense to add this and related info
the site. As for other technical questions of a more general nature I think
we should let IRC/ICQ/mailing lists fix it...

If there are any Madras-specific Linux resources we could mention them, but
afaik, none exist (how abt 'Lateral' for training?, or would that
constitute bias?)

Just my 1.8 cents (I'm stingy)

BGa

>Computers don't actually think.
>	You just think they think.
>		(We think.)
Computers must work. People should think.