Re: www.chennailug.org and minutes of meeting

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 08:34:36AM +0530, Prasanna Venkatesh P. said:

Hi,

 =>         We have a map of the whole campus in swathy.cc.iitm.ernet.in/work

 	I don't think it's accessible from outside, Shishir said he'd
send me a copy. Thanks, though.

	(I'm Cc'ing this to ilugc for the next para is relevant to the
list.)

 => About FAQ page:
 =>
 => Please put some info on
 =>
 => i)      Upgradation
 => ii)     Installing by compiling source code
 => iii)    Precautions to be taken while doing so
 =>         (I have had several bad experiences, that's why)

	Folks, I need a consensus opinion on this one. Should we or
shouldn't we include technical information in the FAQ ? I, for one,
am against it.  For one thing, we'd be duplicating work that has been
done competently before (Linux HOWTOs and FAQs). And then, once we start
answering questions of such specific nature, the FAQ will bloat. It'd be
much easier to maintain too if we were to restrict entries to those
relevant to the group, the meetings, activities and the mailing list.

						-arun
--
Computers don't actually think.
	You just think they think.